24 hr. Sales: 941.840.1259
Please keep in mind if you plan to update your website usingWS_FTP, you will first need to download a fresh copy of yourwebsite to ensure it's an up-to-date copy. This is especiallyimportant to our search engine optimization customers. Directionsare below.
1. Open WS_FTP and click the "connect" button inthe lower left-hand corner if the Session Properties screendoesn't open.
2. Click the "New" button and fill in the blanks as follows:
(See example picture below)
Profile Name: name of your website
Host Name/Address: www.nameofyoursite.com
Host Type: leave at Automatic Detect
User Id: email@example.com
Password: Whatever your password is.
Check the "Save Pwd" box and leave everything else blank. Then, hit the "ok" button and your website will begin to load.
If you don't know your username or password you can call IllDev.com Search Engine Optimization SEO Company to find out.
3. Double-click the "mainwebsite_html" file on the right side of thescreen to open it. The left side of your screen is the files in your computer on the C:/ drive.
4. Now you can view the folder and file contents of your website on theright side of the screen.
5. To navigate through the file structure on either side of the screenyou can use the green arrows at the top of each column of thefiles.
6. To download your whole website highlight the first file on the rightside of the screen by clicking on it. Then hold down the "Shift"button on your keyboard and click the last file in the column (besure to be holding down the shift button while you click the lastfile or it won't work). Now, all of your files are selected.
7. WS_FTP opens default C:\Program Files\WS_FTP on the left side of thescreen. In between the left and right side of the screen thereare 2 arrows. One arrow points to the left and the other arrowpoints to the right. Now just click the top arrow pointing to theleft and your site will download to the file on your hard driveyou have open. The bigger the site is the longer it will take todownload. To close the website on the right just click the"close" button in the lower left-hand side of thepage.